Garden-City

Friday, November 20, 2009

raining

I'm wondering if i should change the name of my blog, now that i'm nowhere near New Jersey or New York. But i still like the idea of a city garden, and i do still live in a (much smaller) city...i guess i'll leave it for now.

I haven't blogged in a while, as my few once-loyal followers know. I blame Facebook for its deceptive ease and time-sucking tendencies. I recently spent a week in "reading deprivation," in which i gave up FB and the Stephen King series i'm trying to finish, and i got some good things done that week.

But i'm back on the wagon as it were, and even though I'm not done with this Dark Tower series, which started out so compelling and not-so-gruesome, i'm considering quitting in the middle of book 7 because i just can't take many more descriptions of gross things. A friend of ours suggested that it got significantly weirder after he was hit by a car in 1999, an event that turns out to have significance to the story.

I would like to be writing a play. A new play i've had in mind for at least 5 years now. But i can't seem to find the right spot or right motivation. Do you know what i mean by the right spot? Sometimes i think i'm being too high maintenance, but really, my environment matters.

Things just aren't yet where they belong, or they don't feel like they're where they belong (in my life, my house). I usually assume it's something internal that needs adjusting and then i'll be able to deal with the external...but i'm just not sure.

The rain has stopped. Perhaps i'll go for a walk and have an epiphany.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home